Daily meditations of an extrovert. Currently employed in tech but investing heavily in other interests as well.
- Saying yes to everything at least once.
- Laughing in the face of danger (Simba’s Creed).
- Radical transparency. This is my diary and it’s mostly public.
- Strong favorites. The passive life is to be avoided at all costs.
- Getting lost is best done with a friend.
Software, cooking, reading, music, piano improv, social justice, big dogs, autumn weather, apple cider, turtlenecks, station wagons, collecting art, wandering forever, and writering.
Graduated from The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign with a Bachelor of Science in CS, May 2013.
Primary fields of interest include all subfields of artificial intelligence (data mining, machine learning, computer vision, brain-computer interfaces, robotics). Worked as a software developer at various companies including Mozilla, Liferay, and Indinero. Started full-time at Impermium building classifiers and backend infrastructure for processing events at enormous scale, now an engineer at Google.
Formerly an avid participant of collegiate hackathons.
- Facebook Midwest Regional Hackathon 2012 Grand Prize
- Facebook World Hackathon Finals 2012 2nd Place
- Yahoo Hack Day @ UIUC 2010 Grand Prize
- Yahoo Hack Day @ UIUC 2011 2nd Place
- Yahoo Hack Day All Star 2010
- 1st Annual Greylock Hackfest 3rd Place
- LinkedIn Intern Hack 2011 Finalist
- LinkedIn Intern Hack 2012 Finalist
- AngelHack Summer 2012 Top 30
Conducted research as an undergraduate at University of Illinois’s Siebel Center. Created a human-computer interface via EEG to command a browser — research result was presented in this video.
Participated in NASA’s Microgravity Research Program. Designed an automatic eddy-current docking system for zero gravity. Flew on a parabolic path aircraft to test the system. Apparently fewer people have experienced zero gravity than have climbed mount Everest.